first. I flighted from Kuala Lumpur to India via Air Asia on september 2013. I had trouble in the KLCC airport, I didn’t applied tourist visa in Jakarta, because in India I could applied VOA in some airport such : Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Thiruvanthapuram, Kochi. (http://www.bengaluruairport.com/transport/heliServices.jspx?_afrLoop=1773813851082152&_afrWindowMode=0&_adf.ctrl-state=dhaudw09c_4)
1. The Air Asia officer asked me about visa, I said that Indonesian could applied VOA in Kolkata, they didn’t accepted and asked me confirmed to a counter, I was worry and then negotiated there, some officer didn’t knew. I tried to found information. I was really angry at that time. fortunately an officer browsed internet and give me boarding.
tip ; is better you print some information that will make you easy and can explained that you can visit India with VOA.
2. I arrived at 6 o’clock in Kolkata Airport, as soon as went to VOA office. one old man served me, and I got queue to 2. I should been waiting 2 person from New Zealand and I prepared some document which I need.
3. I waited around one hours for my Visa, once doing visa, the officer needed many regulation and they looked always busy and then they were like angry when debating or when making conversation. I didn’t understood what happened and of course what they talked about.
4. I gave my document; tickets, photos (white background, actually you could gave other colors background, but is better you prepared white), and money (ruppes, if you had not, the officer would be delivering you to exchange your money).
5. I waited 1 hours before my visa was processing and my visa processed around 45 minutes.
6. Oh I got some trouble, some hotels didn’t accepted VOA, I didnt knew why?
haha sometime I was funny when watched them communication, ah India absolutely Incredible.